Welcome to Space Photonics, Inc.
Space Photonics specializes in developing space qualified fiber optics, optoelectronics, Anti-Tamper Technologies, and free space optics equipment for space applications and earth-based deployments. Having worked with NASA, Lockheed Martin, Harris Corporation, Orbital Sciences, Honeywell, Navy, Air Combat Command, SCHOTT North America, and others, Space Photonics has acquired much experience with Military and Aerospace communications and security. Some achievements include:
Free Space Optical Communications and Electronics
- Space Photonics LaserFire® system delivers highly secure gigabit data rates with transceivers up to 5 km apart. An inner steering mechanism allows for no need for steering gimbals and having licensed with a worldwide manufacturer shows growing momentum of the system.
Radiation Tolerant, Space Qualified Fiber Optic Transceivers
- Space Photonics FireFiber® comes in various package options with fully customizable channels and operates with low power consumption. Excellent for high speed optical networking, satellite, and harsh terrestrial applications.
New PCB and FPGA Core Design Services
High Capacity Air and Space Vehicle Fiber Optic Networks
- FireRing® is ideal for vehicle's and satellites that require fiber optic networks. With a built-in redundancy and optional physical layer connections, FireRing can also be observed and controlled from a computer interface.
- The Fiber Optic Network Interface Cards (NICs) use optical transceivers to transfer data at 2.5 Gbps and is controlled by an FPGA.
- Space Photonics offers a wide variety of Materials and Systems for obfuscation, bitstream encryption and decryption, intrusion detection, source code, and more.
February 13, 2014
Space Photonics® Inc. has sent a newsletter to begin this year, discussing recent advancements, initiatives, and products, including their gigabit ethernet Optical Wireless technology, Anti-Tamper nano-materials, fiber-optic networks for space applications, along with other new consulting and design support.
June 13, 2013
Space Photonics®, Inc., announced today it has been awarded a fifteen month, $332,000 Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contract with the Department of Defense (DoD) to further develop their laser communications technology, LaserFire®, for secure point-to-point ground communications. SCHOTT North America Inc. and Harris Corporation partnered with Space Photonics in further developing and commercializing this technology.
April 2, 2013
Space Photonics, Inc., has been awarded a two-year, $1 million Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contract for the Department of Defense (DoD) to develop an anti-tamper capability for FPGAs (field-programmable gate array; a type of integrated circuit).